My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://twowheeledworld.com
and update your bookmarks. See you in a second!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Like Changing In A Phone Booth...

You may notice that this blog "TwoWheeledWorld" is about one thing and one thing only: my life as a bike racer. But what you may not know is that I have another life. You see, every weekday morning I go to work (well, this has been the case so far, anyway) and toil away, doing my part to keep the rat race going. I'm kind of like.......................Superman...



I commute, with my coffee and my talk radio...







I arrive earlier than the boss....key for a fast-track to the bourgeoisie...






I address the day like so many others in Anywhere, USA...








I've got my to-do lists...








..............Stack em up, and knock em down. Yyyyyyup, me and the Mrs. are clawing our way through the American Middle Class. And with the state of the financials hanging on the very words of one Timothy Geitner, we've all got our issues to worry about...







It is the swamp of American Life. The lure of the white-collar world. It is the binary code of the daily grind...






I've got my work-related qualms, my issues...







I've got my bosses issues, my good days and my bad visitors...





And I talk around the water cooler. I am convinced that if you jiggle your mouse your computer will go faster. Making widgets, one by one, day by day, until that elusive Friday whistle blows.


Each day topics of "shareholder value" and "on time & under budget" make as much sense as "SDE Versioning" and "spatial analysis." (In your best public speaking voice) "Poor performance? Office politics? Let he who leaves early suffer dearly the supervisory wrath. May project review meetings be thy fate. "



Aaaaahh the jelly donut of corporate America....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what about those people wearing silly gloves and taking pictures while "pretending to work"? What would the Cash man have to say about that?

Two Wheeled World said...

Hey man, it's all a day in the life. I won't tell my documentary camera crew that you think I'm doing this all on my own.