My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://twowheeledworld.com
and update your bookmarks. See you in a second!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

A First Time For Everything...Again and Again...















This blog is seldomly about how light my bike is or how much I train. It's all about the lifestyle - it's about the places I go, the views I see, the full experience....because as much as I am a bike racer, I am a mountain biker first...









And as June 1st dawns, it is the time of year deemed the "meteorological start" of summer. Gone are the snowflakes, gone are the blustery winds and the subfreezing temps. Gone is the frost...










Time to start livin'...and if a picture is worth a thousand words, then I am a very rich man...
















If there's one thing Colorado's front range is not short on, it's singletrack trails. And when you hit a particular section for the first time that season, it's like you're hitting it for the first time in your life...









And if you have a bad day out here, it's your own fault. Just hope it's not as bad a day as ol' Bambi had...






Challenge: One of these kids is doin' his own thing, one of these kids is one in the same...one of these kids, is doin' his own thing, now it's tiiiiime to say his name~ me and the stunt double, just soakin' it in....which is which? Sure beats a'watchin the Daytona 500...















If you ever get the privelage to ride with my stunt double, pay attention. And don't fall behind. Cause when he say's "follow me" you'd better stay close - otherwise you'd better have packed your space blanket.






"...another one of those obvious trails..." Seriously. I'm not even sure we're still in Colorado at this point...














I'll let you in on a personal secret: I'm big on views. It's times like this when you forget about heart rates, you forget about your next race, you forget about taper training. It's funny how a place like this changes your complete perspective. We do it because we love it, and there is no better way to live...














And by the way, talk about "where's Waldo"... I'm taking every advantage I can to weasel my way in to the local media. Think anyone will recognize me? (No that's not my leg...I don't shave...upper right.) Baby steps...







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we're on the same page!