My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://twowheeledworld.com
and update your bookmarks. See you in a second!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sand Creek Series Race #1


The Sand Creek Race Series #1 was a serious lung buster.

60 minutes plus one lap on a 100% singletrack course, at only 12 minutes per lap - that means one hour of pedaling as hard as you possibly can...talk about being in the red zone...



Being a small, local Wednesday night series, the field sizes were small - I won the SemiPro category! But there was only one SemiPro. I did however, manage 5th place in the Pro field, and thus the overall, which I deem to be a pretty solid performance. It was nice racing in front of the homefield crowd.
Pretty cool seeing your team kit's pictured on every street corner on the front page of today's newspaper...



Check the story here: http://daily.gazette.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VGhlR2F6ZXR0ZS8yMDA4LzA2LzA1I0FyMDI1MDE=&Mode=HTML&Locale=english-skin-custom


This weekend we head up to Winter Park and I'll test ride next weekend's hillclimb course...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go M-Stick!

Unknown said...

We've got lots of good memories from the old Sand Creek races... Glad to see Andy back at it again. Oh, and congrats on the top finish.