My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://twowheeledworld.com
and update your bookmarks. See you in a second!

Monday, July 14, 2008

If I Knew Any Better....

Imagine your best powder day of skiing............................your longest and most effortless tee-shot.......



...............Imagine the 12-foot Marlin of deep-sea fishing..........................the royal flush in Vegas.













...Imagine that guiltless gluttony of Christmas morning.....






















I've been riding mountain bikes for a long time and it's infrequent when I get teary-eyed over riding a trail..........













It must have been the gently-sloping, ribbon-thin singletrack that did it. Meandering unobjectionably, through the valley as if to playfully immitate the rolling creek that it paralleled.






This is as emerald-forest as it gets - in fact, I was pretty sure I saw one of those red-hatted gnomes dancing a jig as I rounded yet another shrubbery-sized patch of blue Columbines. Never have I seen such vast spreads of Columbines peppered so liberally through a forest as there are here....






Aaaaaaah, yes, what more could one want out of life than the exuberance of blissfully and effortlessly pedaling through some of the most beautiful and vibrant terrain on Earth......................







And when a "training" ride is this much fun, it better be followed by a tall day in the saddle, where the trails are steep, and the views are large.







Cause you gotta pay to play. So I figured three-or-so repeats up the June 14th hillclimb race course oughta do it. Close to 5000ft of climbing with a different route back down each time would surely erase all memory of the previous day's debauchery.









Yikes..........If trail names like "Roof Of The Rockies" and "Icarus" don't tell you how high you are, the views sure will...











And if I'm lucky some of that hard effort will stick for the upcoming weekend's 2-day race up at "the Park." I've armed myself with the burliest tires that'll fit my fly-weight XC bike and a resurgance of the Yeti to the scene for my first ever Super-D.




I've already contaced the Fraser Valley EmergiCare and have extra suture kits on order.....


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn, CO is looking nice right about now! You should send me some dirt from WP, so I can sleep with it under my pillow. ;-)

Anonymous said...

MTB Nats are in your yard next year!

Two Wheeled World said...

What?? Where?? Info. I need info...